1. The problem with traditional ERP solutions
Traditional ERP solutions are designed to provide an all-in-one solution for managing various business functions, such as finance, inventory, sales, and supply chain management. However, these solutions are often expensive, complex, and difficult to customize, which can result in overspending on unnecessary features and functionality that don't align with your specific business needs.
A short list of traditional ERP solutions:
- SAP ERP: A software suite that provides end-to-end business process management, enabling companies to optimize their core business processes.
- Oracle ERP: An enterprise-level software suite that offers a range of modules, including financial management, supply chain management, and procurement.
- Microsoft Dynamics: An ERP solution that provides a suite of modules, including finance, supply chain management, human resources, and project management.
- Infor ERP: A suite of applications designed to automate key business processes, including finance, supply chain management, and manufacturing.
- Sage ERP: A software suite designed for small and medium-sized businesses, providing tools for financial management, inventory control, and supply chain management.
- NetSuite ERP: A cloud-based ERP solution that provides financial management, supply chain management, and e-commerce capabilities.
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne: A suite of enterprise applications that includes financial management, supply chain management, and human resources management.
- Epicor ERP: An enterprise software suite designed for manufacturing and distribution companies, providing financial management, supply chain management, and inventory management.
- Acumatica Cloud ERP: A cloud-based ERP solution that provides financial management, project management, and CRM capabilities.
- Syspro ERP: An ERP solution designed for manufacturing and distribution companies, providing tools for financial management, inventory control, and supply chain management.
These traditional ERPs can be easily integrated with OrderCast if you need to quickly deploy your custom online B2B store with your customers. Contact our Sales team to learn more.
2. The rise of specialized software solutions
With the rise of specialized software solutions, wholesalers now have more options than ever before to find software that meets their specific needs. For example, we can now find software solutions that are designed specifically for B2B e-commerce, inventory management, and supply chain management. By opting for specialized software, you can avoid overspending on unnecessary features and functionality and instead invest in software that aligns with your specific business needs.
A short list of specialized software (SaaS) solutions recommended for your wholesale business:
- Crisp: A customer messaging platform that helps businesses communicate with their customers in real-time through various channels.
- Mailchimp: An email marketing platform that enables businesses to create and send newsletters, automated messages, and targeted campaigns.
- Hubspot: A suite of marketing, sales, and customer service tools that help businesses attract, engage, and delight customers.
- Loom: A video messaging platform for quickly recording and sharing videos.
- Slite: A collaborative documentation tool for teams to centralize knowledge, documents and projects.
- Typeform: A conversational form builder that creates engaging and interactive surveys, quizzes, and forms.
- Canva: A graphic design platform with an intuitive interface and thousands of templates for creating professional visuals.
- Monday.com: A cloud-based platform that offers team management, project management, and workflow automation features.
- OrderCast: A turnkey online ordering solution designed specifically for wholesalers and distributors to help them easily create their custom online B2B store.
3. The benefits of specialized software solutions
Specialized software solutions provide several benefits over traditional ERP solutions, including:
- Customization: Specialized software solutions can be customized to fit your specific business needs, providing greater flexibility and control over operations.
- Cost-effectiveness: Specialized software solutions are often more cost-effective than traditional ERP solutions, as you only pay for the features and functionality you need.
- Integration: Specialized software solutions can be integrated with other software tools and platforms, like a traditional ERP, allowing you to build a seamless tech stack.
Hear it from a customer:
"Connect our ERP with OrderCast was a game-changer for our wholesale business. The user-friendly interface and powerful features have made managing our supply chain a breeze. We're now able to process orders faster, track inventory more efficiently, and provide our customers with a seamless online ordering experience. OrderCast has exceeded our expectations and we're thrilled to have made the switch." - John S., Owner of a wholesale business in England.
4. Choosing the right specialized software solution
When choosing a specialized software solution, like OrderCast for instance, it's important to consider several factors, such as:
- Business needs: Identify the specific business needs that the software solution must meet.
- Features and functionality: Look for software solutions that provide the features and functionality required to meet your business needs.
- Integration: Ensure that the software solution can integrate with other software tools and platforms.
- Scalability: Consider the software solution's ability to scale as your business grows and evolves.
In conclusion, wholesalers should stop wasting money on ERP solutions and consider specialized software solutions that provide greater value and ROI. By investing in software that meets your specific business needs, you can avoid overspending on unnecessary features and functionality and instead build a tech stack that drives growth, streamlines operations, and ultimately delivers a better customer experience.